Jo Kontan

Friday, October 28, 2005

Buka Puasa 7983

Last Friday, we had opportunity to Break Fast with d gangs from 7983. My secondary school’s gang. We consider very close among ourselves as we grew up together during the formative year when we were 13 to 17. I may say, some of us is even closer than with their own siblings.

I am glad that there were 13 of us, with N bring his wife of the second Marriage to the occasion.

What do a bunch of 39 years old talk when they meet ?. Many things. Reminiscing about the growing years in school. About school mates. Their whereabouts. Life Development over the years. Who’s who.. Mengatakan hal ala Aunties

One of the topics that strikes me the most is ‘bout marriage, divorce, getting the second and getting remarried. On average, all of the gang have been married for more than a decade and have strings of askars tagging along. Don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I am gataei or planning to do similarly. Or evolving into a new dog trying to learn new trick. Far from it. I’m trying to learn what is in the heads of these people going thru the experience. All I can say, I am a man with simple common sense (perasan la Jo).

BTW, Maam is also reading, and I am quite sure ‘nak kena pelangkung’ whenever I mentioned something of similar nature. Ha ha HA..

Ok, Ok, among us, we have several male members have gone thru this experience. They are quite candid trying to explain what happened..

“Awok tanyer la amender yang awok nak tauu. Kwan tok kesoh. Kwan buleh jawab seme..Tanyer laa”

I asked, they explained, some chipped in. Some further elaborated. One injected some funny lines along. Then another dude asked again. We talked and talked until 1:30 in the morning..

Back on the Striking topic, people do give excuses, explanations, laid down circumstances and reasons. But all of us, really, do agree on one thing that on why people Go Ahead with such thing.

“Awok toksoh nak berdo’oh laa. Sebab yang asal, sebab yang utama, Pokok dari semua sebab ialah Punei. Hok yang tuu yang gatei sangat..”

I dunno. There’s mebbe truth in the oversimplified proclamation.

For me, Punei is its First Name. Its Family Name is Ego. Punei Ego.

What say you ?

5 Comments:

  • otak tak duk kat kepala lagi kot..

    By Blogger atiza, at 2:49 PM, October 28, 2005  

  • they could have other reasons as well. that one is certainly one of it.

    By Blogger shidah, at 7:21 PM, October 28, 2005  

  • anyway baru ha jumpa blog awak ni.

    ada tak dia orang cerita how they handle two wives. OK ke?

    By Blogger Lollies, at 8:07 AM, October 29, 2005  

  • atiza,

    Yup, tapikan, beats me, they still go ahead..

    _____________

    ailin,

    more plangkung, more sayang meh ?

    :-)

    _______________

    shidah,

    Communications / Finance are other smallish reasons.
    _____________


    lollies,

    tuu mebbe kena tanya Bapak Mak Hariz. Mak Hariz, bley ??

    Tapi kalu EGO bercakap tuu, seme kata okay jer.. "aku bariskan diaorang satu malam bley kowtim"

    Most of them, deep it in their hearts, I think, regret it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 PM, October 29, 2005  

  • Keep up the good work » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 AM, March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos More of topi jo's photos
www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos part 2 More of topi jo's photos
 

Free Web Stats