Memed
| 25 years ago. I was 14 then. Just got back to school. It was 2 Jan 1980. It rained earlier. The court was wet. I do my normal jump-shoot drill hoping that I could get in the school team playing for Piala Perdana Menteri. Suddenly I felt a funny twist on my leg. It is not painful. I fell down. It is funny because I tried to move the upper part of my thigh but the lower part of the leg didn’t. My Femur Broke. I stayed in hospital and on top of a bed for 3 months and 13 days. They casted my leg further for another 3 months more. All of this at 14, the broken of the leg make me stronger. Make me cooler, I think. And taller. During the period of growing up, I was on a bed doing nothing except eating, eating, and eating. And watching people being admitted, coming in the ward, dying, going dead, and gone... 20 Years ago. 1985,.Just got back from Mesia continuing my studies at the Old Pueblo. Jadi Kucing Liaq (A Wildcat). All of my frens doubt it, but for me Tucson in the best city in the world. Sydney ka ?Piraah..Ha ha ha… No responsibility, no ahead thinking whatsoever. Just flow. Just enjoying life. But, I may say that I was a good boy though. The kind that girl would bring back to mama. Ha ha ha.. Didn’t do drugs and no drinking, in this country where young boys with no exposure whatsoever, from Jengka Eighteen, suddenly being exposed to Budaya Kuning. Hancuss.. Bought the Interceptor 500 (a bike that is). Still remember clearly in my head how the tachometer glowing in the nite. How the engine purring like a sleeping cat. Oooh,. so smooth. Ride to LA twice. To Flagstaff , Pheonix, Sedona, and El Paso once, while listening to Herman Tino. I was not a fan, but Herman Tino kept on ringing in my head. Wa tatau laa.. Syukor Alhamdullillaah, met no major accident, no major breakdown. Did some camping in Winslow. One of our friends was a part time writer in the ‘Roda Roda’ magazine and wrote about our riding days. One friend also put up our riding pictures thru Mama Juwie at URTV and we received hundred letters, literally. Nak Berkenalan. Girls sent introduction letters with pictures from Malaya. Whoooo.. He he,.. Tell Mama, ada pun Kucing Liaq yang melekat hingga keanak lima... Masa muda memang la senang nak travel around. Boleh kata, satu States tuu habis except Florida. Nak recuperate pun cepat. Singgah any new town, tengok Yellow Pages ke aper ker, carik nama Ahmad ker, Abdul ker. “Eh! Korang ni Melayu kan ?” Sewa Keta and minyak pun murah. Taun 86 start dapat mail from future maam. Snail la jaman tuu. Mana ada email, YM nih. Every 2 /3 weeks gerenti dapat surat punya. Now, reminisce the feeling of receiving the letter. Whoo thrill whoo…. Sampai skrang nih agak nya ada lah lebih kurang 60 pieces of letters + card + penganti diri and wutnots. I must say I am a consistent writer. A bad one, but consistent. Worked at the Cafeteria in order to help family sket sket kat Malaya. Dulu2 students slalu gak antar moolah balik kat family. I dunno now, camner hah ?. My father was a retired Askar and kept continuing jadi Jaga in Kontan. Kita orang bukan la orang senang.. Remembered very well one old nice Mehican Supervisor, Mary Acosta Los Angeles (betol tu, nama dialaa) from Hermosillo (pronunciation, Hermosiyyo) saying. “Jo, one day if you were married, I think you make a good husband”. Orang tua cakap tuu and I think she’s right, Bullseye..Ha ha ha. Start keja back in Mesia in 1989, when Mesian economy just picking up. Sempat la petik anggur 3 bulan, whereas some of my friend 9 bulan. Got 495 RM paycheck as a trainee in the current company. As the economy picking up. The workload is also moving up, so do the salary. Udahla tuu, me in the commissioning team, where we got to travel around mesia. Sempat la jugal duduk kat Sibu and surrounding area enam bulan. Bukit Mertajam 3 bulan. Pasir Gudang 3 bulan. 22-2-92 got married. Honeymoon kat Tioman. Manala ada can nak gi jaoh jaoh tuu. Tuu yang syiok sangat gi Tioman baru2ni. Tengok tengok kalu ada ke lagi pokok yang kitaorang etched tarok nama kitaowang tuuu. Adaka Jo..? Fiqa pun kuar 1-9-93. Maam had a painful, hard, near death pnumonia. Mebbe stress of getting new baby, mebbe from work. Requested to tranfer to Bentong. Me, no more traveling. Kena ikat atau seniriikat, I dunno. 1994 we bought a nice terrace house. Nice in our term laa. Mebbe bolehla to others.. 10 years ago 1995 got a Huge offer from a competitor. Vividly remembered I was literally jumping up and down excited. Mebbe rezeki bbudak. When I saw team winning football match jumping up and down, I remember the jumping, that was me. Moved into the house. 25-7-1995, Anne baru keluar and had to jemor her outside the house as she was having jaundice. Bought a small 2nd hand Nissan for my dad. I could see that he was really happy. Keep on talking about it for years. Really !! Replacing his old old Honda Sa Mah. I am overjoyed. 1997 Maam started her own practice. However, in 1998 got a 24 hours notice from the employer, requesting me to sign a resignation notice. I could not get along with the Boss. Got an OK severance package, niway. Kalau aku tau LOBO was around, I should have called him and grilled the Employer. LOBO the lawyer, is he still around kaa? But the severance package was too good to be ignored also. I was really shocked as suddenly, in a split second, I was reduced with a man with no job with nothing to do. Really shocked !!. There went the company car. How did I deal with the shock ? I saw James Bond movie with Maam...or was it "The 6th Sense" Oooh!! In the company, I traveled a bit, as it is a German French Multinational. We naturally went to German, France, Switzerland and Istanbul. Travelling on company expenses was fantabulous ! No skimping, no dragging, no budgeting... wuuu huu, mostly thing was in the tab. It was interesting and nice. Made some friends along the way. Syukor Alhamdullillah, within 2 weeks I got another job with a local Entreprenuer. It was tough, but this where I learnt a LOT. In Entreprenuer (sp?) type business, one tends to do everything. Business Development, Design and funnily manual photostating. Again did a bit of traveling. It was like every week I was in Sabah and Indon and Thailand and Iraq. During the Saddam, Oil for food program. From Amman we took the GMC and traveled about 800 miles up noth to Baghdad. Had Kibas and lotsa mutton for Lunch. Pay a lot bakshish along the way. I wished I took lotsa photos..mmm The sweetest event that I had, was beating the Former company that fired me. I tell you getting job from TNB, beating the Former company is THE sweetest revenge, in this business. Call me technically Hamsap, I even cc-ed to the Regional Director of the former company in Singapore. We even rejected parts from the Former company that make up the whole offer. Oooh man !! That was really IT, intoxicating!!. Mafren from this industry was telling me ‘Ngko tak sudah2 la Jo” Fifa was born in 1999, 31-5. 5 years back I was called by an old friend at the first company I started my career. Working with Entrepreneur is nice, but working with another multinational is even better. Better organized, everything is in place. Mebbe rejeki the coming baby, Ariff. Yet again, beat the shit out of the old blardy company in some products. Ha ha ha ha. "tak abis2 ngko ni Jo” We moved into new premises in Sobang Jaya in 2003. After, put up for many months with the jam, especially Kepong Jejambats under inspection and NKVE runtuh. We decided to move from our nice abode to the new crib at Kota D’sara. Last Year My mom passed away. 18 Feb. Dun wan to sound to harsh, but I believe this is the best way to go. She was with Pakchu and Makde that nite before. No major illnesses whatsoever. She walked, and ate. I called her the nite before. Her voice sounded so lite, so easy, and so cheerful. When she was in the bathroom by herself she just passed out and gone. I have no regrets whatsoever. She enjoy all of her grandchildrens and even raised Afiqa during maam pnumonia. Raised all 7 of us to be what we are now… Oh my God,.. I love her and miss her sooo much.. Eh ! I moved into current crib March this year. Still tak abis kemas lagi. 10 years from Now. Really, I dunno. I am not ambitious. I am realistic. I am just riding the flow. I am contented with what I am blessed now. I hope all my kids doing well. Oh, one thing.. I hope and working to be as healthy as I am today. Blood Pressure & Cholesterol under control. No Major Ilnesses. Still keep my Pearly whites. Enjoy simple things in life like breathing, eating, listening, seeing, pangsaing, and sleep well. I'm really a novice here. I have nobody to meme, except DL, tu pun kalu dia jengok and sampai ke bawah ni. Like AuntyN said earlier, tell me yours.. Phew!Sekali hadap. No? |



5 Comments:
yes, a live full of blessings
By
atenah, at 1:21 AM, September 15, 2005
oi that bloke dah abis MC ke idak? aku nampak muka dia kat satu blog pemes ni, nampak sihat jerrr. ceh aku ni dah jadi ko punya PI ke?
By
atenah, at 1:24 AM, September 15, 2005
Eh bro, i think you have to elaborate sikit how u and maam start writing to each other. Sorry. I'm a nosy cow.
Aku lagi lah novice. Meme to benda?
By
Lily G, at 3:23 PM, September 16, 2005
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Hp laptop lcd screen Find gay pix Obd i chrysler codes Homemade pain relievers Lexus of roseville Cable tv florida hair removal electrolysis equipment suppliers in uk Lamborghini countach parts economic development jobs committee dceo lamborghini murcieolago Black & decker cabinets Airline and vacation insurance Neue pdas
By
Anonymous, at 3:10 PM, March 03, 2007
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Perfume ungaro windaz perfumes http://www.300c-chrysler.info http://www.surveillance-5.info best rated dishwasher accent area rug vicodin vitamins supplements http://www.verizon-wireless-phone-plans.info 1 mg ionamin Prague europe and travel columbus golf hardcore dvd Nikko r 2fwhat is ultram Integrated disease surveillance Bio oil rosacea
By
Anonymous, at 2:49 PM, April 26, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home