Jo Kontan

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Pindah Part 1


View from d Bathroom, mit Nokia 6600, 6:30 am 4th Aug 05


I am a “Process Man”. Not that I do not enjoy the end results, but I do enjoy of getting the result MORE. For example, I enjoy meeting the Budget, presenting to the Bosses
“ Hey, Not only we meet the expected Budget but we slighty overshoot it..”,
but I enjoy MORE working over the process of meeting the budget, such as prepare the Bid, Lobbying, meeting people, and Kowtiming. I love that.

Does these make sense to you ?

Mebbe I should lay out another clearer, simpler, example.

I enjoy babies, the smell, the cute things they do. But I do enjoy MORE making babies. The anticipation, pre-foreplay, animalistic rituals, foreplay....ooops aku udah merapu nih.


Anyway, when we decided to move to our current house, there’s a lot of planning need to do. Let’s go to the Kitchen.

Enjoying the process of building a kitchen, now, I think I can easily identify that there are 4 basic design of drawers. 3 fundamental designs of hinges. 5 kinds of Counter Tops. Numerous kind of Hobs and Hoods. Not to forget Kitchen Lightings, fittings and accessories.

Not only the material, but also the overall concept, the functionality, the form, and colour scheme.

Maam chooses, I pay.

Eh! Mana boleh, I pay, I advise a bit,. but, (aiyooh) still Maam chooses.

Once we kitchen is completed, we are Satisfied and Happy. Proud is not the word. Proud is not a humble Melayu punya adjective. Proud ni sound so American-ish. Further Kitchen is not sumthing we are proud of.

I even got a name for our new Kitchen. You know la, man, whenever they are attached to a thing they loved, they named the thing.


‘Chillie’ for my Kancil.
‘Fiorentino’ for my bike and Awang Puyoh for my…….


Back to the kitchen. With Granite Counter top “Black Royale”, 4-function Oven, European Stainless Steel Hob and Hood, and Scratched Proof Restaurant Grade Wash Basin, we officially name of Kitchen ‘D Singgang’.

The best dish we come up so far, with this over-the-top-Kitchen is ‘Kuah Singgang Ikan Tongkol’.

Masakan Orang Rajinla katakan.

“Nak makan apa, aaar. malam nih?”

“ Jom Makan Luar”






www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos More of topi jo's photos
www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos part 2 More of topi jo's photos
 

Free Web Stats