Jo Kontan

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Only Constant is Change - Part Jeloh.

One of My trusted Liutenant, Baii, is leaving. What can I do to stop him ? Hmmmp,. Nothing.


Baii nii udah kerja kat sini dah dekat 9 tahun. With the same exact level when he first started. He's kewl, calm and nothing can agitate him. Mebbe dia minom susu fresh banyak kot..Ha ha.
I move him around doing Marketing and Business Development and he seems to be enjoying it. he he, I'm a great boss.


Tapi, bila another company offers him nearly 90% increment, apa laa yang boleh kompeni ni boleh buat. Aku tunggu ajer kalau Liichet Zer ada any new things to say. New idea to convince Baii to stay put. Something new, some CEO materials that I could emulate..


For me, All we can do at this moment, is to make the hand-over as smooth as possible. Well-lubed smoothness..


Aku beritahu Baii, just like my Crazy Hainanese Boss told me 15 years ago, when you're about to leave, leave as friendly as possible. Don't create any animosity. Don't leave any shi* behind.

Even after all of these years, Crazy Hainanese still say it until today.

"If you want to leave, Do it like Jo.."

***


Labels: ,

13 Comments:

  • Jo, I couldn't agree more.

    Never, EVER burn your bridges - cos the ass you are kicking today may be the ass you will be kissing tomorrow.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM, August 28, 2007  

  • Jo counter offer baii 100% sure he will stay:)its a shame to let go good staff kan?

    By Blogger Kak Elle, at 9:29 PM, August 29, 2007  

  • 9 years?..wow lama tu, mesti ada sbb lain dia stay that long dan ada sbb lain he's leaving...
    Sedangkan kita blah baik2 elok2 pun orang dok kata yg x baik..apatah lagi kalau kita blah tinggalkan bnda2 x baik..leave nothing but footprints, leaving with a good name!..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 PM, August 30, 2007  

  • Ohh kena ingat tu.. hehhehe..

    By Blogger Arena, at 2:45 AM, August 31, 2007  

  • Agreed! But I've heard someone bragged on how he left a place after sacking one or two lazy workers. I dont know but it doesnt sound nice...

    By Blogger dith, at 1:49 PM, August 31, 2007  

  • Kesabaranpun ada had nya... 9 tahun udoh dia bersabar... dan akhirnya pergi dengan gembira... Eh, kalau hang good boss pasal apa dia tu tak naik pangkat dari dulu, hang tak pernah rekomen dia ke....

    By Blogger KakNi, at 4:06 PM, September 02, 2007  

  • Agreed la Jo, it's a small world, esok2 jumpa balik orang from the old workplace, maybe even have business dealings with them, especially if you stay in the same industry, kan?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 PM, September 02, 2007  

  • I *THINK* I left PETRONAS on good terms, but that again mulut orang ni mana boleh kita kontrol. Nak kontrol mulut sendiri pun susah.

    One thing one must realized is that in a big organization, the make-up of the people is too diverse to burn or not burn a bridge. Ultimately it is the policy of the company that determined whether you have burnt the bridge, or not.

    In a small company, it is easy to maintain (or not maintain) good relationship. In a big company, it matters not very much the manner that you leave, sebab big company tend to move people around and one person that you had problems with when you leave the company may have left the company after you left! Ha ha.

    Of course word goes around, but not just bad words, but also good words.

    I left knowing that I was labelled a "traitor", and also knowing that I was missed and that envied upon, due to too long a resident time I put on the company (11 years in the fertilizer plant!).

    By Blogger Ir. Hanafi Ali, at 7:06 AM, September 03, 2007  

  • MA !

    Kicked ass today would be kissed ass tommorow. KAT-WB-KAT. Ha ha

    Well said.



    Kak Elle :

    100% susah nak dapat kat sini. I've hinted to the HR, the have hinted that 100% would be difcult. But 50-60% should be no Problem.

    At a certain stage money is still very important, but it not the only things that matters.

    Kan ?


    Supermom Anna : In my Industry the world is really small. Everybody tends to know everybody. The dude that was being kicked out recently, still tanam anggur, as ppl talk..



    Arena :

    Lama dok nampak. Dah tak pening lagi. Kalau stress level dah kurang,. it is a good time to..

    :-)


    Kak Roza :
    Bragging - An act of lifting oneself higher by pushing ppl down..Ooooops..

    To some men, it carries a PE Coefficient ranging from 1.16 to 1.35.

    I thunk u-kno-whadameaaan. :-)



    Ahni :

    Dork.

    Dulu Bai dork report kat aku. Dia report kat somebody else..

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 10:13 AM, September 03, 2007  

  • Jo,

    Aku rasa Bai tu bengang sbb dia kena report kat ko, hehehehe!!


    Rgds,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 PM, September 03, 2007  

  • Jie :

    Oh definitely Yes !

    There's One who used to be my customer now is my seller.
    One used to be my boss now is my contractor.
    One used to be my competitor now is my friend.

    There's also custo-petitor, and, frienemy.

    Alamak ! Banyak lagi laaa..



    Repentant :

    The co I'm working is medium size local. Big Size Global. Global Flavor with Local taste. GloCal in Guidelines but LocBal in implementations.

    But sometime,. the people make it Gobloc..





    KNA : I didn't realised it until you tell me soo.

    Haiyoo ! Now I get it. It's meeee laaa.

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 5:01 PM, September 03, 2007  

  • Errr... bunyi macam ada kerja kosong je kat situ...

    By Blogger OOD, at 6:08 PM, September 03, 2007  

  • Madam Oooody:

    Oh Yes !

    You got the first insider info here..

    Uber-kwalified-going-to-be-Fabulously-Wealthy need not apply.

    :-)

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 12:42 PM, September 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos More of topi jo's photos
www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos part 2 More of topi jo's photos
 

Free Web Stats