Jo Kontan

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Assume

"On way to Pasar Beli Ikan, terasa itchyyy sangat nak postkan nii. As you know I dun have connection in my Ulu House.

Itchy nak membelog is harmless kaan. Melencong jap singgah C Cafe"


I have a friend, MR. He mixes around, a lot. From a Tea Lady with 7 kids from Jawa Timur, to CEO of a GLC. With his mixing around, he can come up with myriads of witty lines, punchlines, nice remarks, and sometimes crazy definitions.

Even some kewl Hail Amir-ish pick up line,

"Wahai Cik Adik Manis, hendak ke mana ?". Wait a second, that is not his. That is Saha's Ciner. Nevermind, merapu sikit..


Anyway, back to MR. His definition of assume is something like this. Making an 'ass out of you and me. I am sure some of you have heard this before. Do you think this is true, especially with blogsphere?

I do.

Way to communicate in the blogsphere is by typing and reading through the PC. You already know that. However, there's a lot of things lacking, by communicating this way. We easily missed the facial expression, intonation, enunciation, body language, puckered lips etc.

Not to forget Smoldering eyes and horny pumped up nose. Yes ?

This lacking things posing problems to me as I could not write properly. I could not express myself clearly with keyboards. I feel my language is all jumbled up. The tone is all mixed up.

To assume is a natural Human Behaviour. But IMHO, it is rude, when we assume, thinking we know people just by reading their blogs, and actively, put up an open, unclear, comment, that can be intrepreted in many ways. It is even damaging if we put up a negative comments.

Likewise, it is also dangerous, assuming that we, the bloggers, already know the people who put up comments in our blog.

But worry not need to be. There is a another half component, positive side of 'assume' that can be used.

SangkaBaik.

I need to keep reminding myself to keep on using it, before I made a real ass out of you and me.

Eh ! Before I forget. Salam Hari Raya Aidil Adha. Have a wonderful weekend. Musim Hujann ni kaan...

17 Comments:

  • assume..Heemm..True enough.. sometimes what we want to tell people being interpreted wrongly by other parties..

    Rileks lah Jo..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • Jo...first lagu tu best. At this current moment I lost track of what is happening in Msia in term of new lagu or singers.

    Second, what you said is true. First sangka baik and better not to comment rather than make a negative remark.

    Selamat hari Raya Aidil Adha and have good weekend to you and family. BTW, what hujan got to do with weekend? hehehe..my interpretation cum curiousity!

    By Blogger anggerik merah, at 1:03 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • Jokontan.

    Apakah atau siapakah yang telah mentriggeredkan post ini? Mesti ada orang say something about you, making assumption about you by reading your blog, and you terlenting sikit.

    Ceritakanlah sikit siapa makhluk ALLAH tersebut. Boleh kita ramai-ramai bambu dia.

    By Blogger Ir. Hanafi Ali, at 1:04 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • JT- husnudzan...yes to have positive thoughts of someone no matter how much we'd like to think otherwise is always the best...even out of the blogsphere when we do actually see the facial expression and all the body language etc....Raya balik sini ke?

    By Blogger dith, at 3:37 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • Jo, i think this is still a very new means of communications and we have a lot to learn from this. A lot can be misinterpreted. For example the use of CAPITAL LETTERS, too many exclaimation marks!!!!Which is why, I think - there are emoticons..these help...to a certain extent! :)

    By Blogger Kak Teh, at 4:09 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • I sokong your thoughts TJ, always we should be "sangka baik" dgn orang lain. Especially yang kita tak kenal secara personal

    Blogging is good if you take it positively.

    By Blogger AuntyN, at 4:14 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • hmmmm khutbah jumaat delayed telecast?



    wuiii jgn mareee

    :P :P :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • How true, Jo. There'll always be all kinds of comments, sometimes provoking for no reason at all. But there's enough ugliness in the real world, we don't need ugliness here too. So maybe can just sangkabaik and let the matter go kot? I remind myself like that, sometimes.

    Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha to you and family!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • Assalamualaikum... Macam merajuk je bunyinya tu... Relaxlah brother. Adatlah tu ade yang kita suka orang tak suka & vice versa. Anyway your postings about the family are very interesting and fun to read ( pandai anda mengarang....) and I can imagine the expressions by the kids and all. Apa2 pun kami sefamily mengucapkan Selamat Hari Raya Haji and Maaf Zahir Batin. Salam to all. Raya masak 13 macam gak ke??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 PM, January 07, 2006  

  • yes.. always always sangkabaik..
    Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha to you & family.

    btw, the PPan song u asked, I have no idea from which album coz I never own any of their album :)

    By Blogger ubisetela, at 4:08 PM, January 08, 2006  

  • there are always freedom of speech,freedom to express yourself,freedom of relegion etc etc,why shouldnt there be freedom to make assumption?

    eheh just a thought,i might be wrong

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 PM, January 08, 2006  

  • Jo : How very true ! But then again - there is never just one way to look at something - there are always different perspectives, meanings, and perceptions, depending on who is looking.

    Different people have different exposure, mentality, level of thinking.

    Two people can see at the same thing and see it differently.

    The only thing that changes the tune of perspective is the emotions that they bring into their views.

    By Blogger MA, at 9:42 AM, January 09, 2006  

  • Easy: He he he. Jo Relaaxx..


    AM : Lagu tuu Rock Indon. Sesaja syiok seniri (SS).

    Salam Hari Ray Aidil Adha.

    Hujan, nii KL Jam laa. Hujan nii tidur nyenyak sket.

    B4 forget, Kawan kat Mekkah kiyem salam.


    Trust : He he trust. There you go, you are assuming ada yang mentriggered. I'm a Novice 'ere.

    Sebenornya dia just, "thiiiiiingg" lite bulb tuu just menyala.


    Dr Roza : Firstly, terkedu jugak Dr Roza ada di sini. Thanks for dropping by. JT - Husnudzan ? amender tu Doc ?

    Yes, always positive.

    Unfortunately/fortunately tak balik. Wong Ah Jang + Kampung Jawa & persekitarannya banjir hari tuu ?

    We keep our secret among us ? Yes ?


    K Teh : I think I need to learn A LOT from ppl like you and AG. Your tone is always clear.

    When you describe winter, I can feel it thru the bones.

    Mebbe you could share a point or two. :-)


    AuntyN : Yes ! Positively ! Positive Blogging is also not tiring kan.


    10 : Takder la Cikgu. Tetiba jer toingggg ! tertaip gituh..

    Tak baik tau jelir kat owang tauu. Mak kiter marah tau..

    Good Luck on your new term.. :-))


    Jie : velkam !!

    I like this,

    "But there's enough ugliness in the real world, we don't need ugliness here too. So maybe can just sangkabaik.."

    I try to post lite and easy materials here only, positively. Tapi kenkadang tuu tergelincir jugak sket sket.

    Same to you..


    Onde2 : Thanks for the thots. Buang yang keruh amek yang jernih.. How thoughtful.


    Yeay Maklang Orang Kayer pun ada ! : Tak Merajuklaa, Toiinnggg cam tuu. Nii pun dah ada idea nak blog tentang Maklang OKK.

    Raya nii ketupat tunjuk yang siap masak pun udah ada. Tadi lalu kat Depan TTDI, sepanjang panjang jalan tuu orang jual ketupat + lemang.


    Ubi : Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha..Mu balek ganu ??

    Kure-kure : Yes! Offcourse! Betul tuu!..


    MA : 1stly, What happen to the American Version's of Malaysian Jaafar Taib ni ?

    Yang nii look like Eurasian version JoKontan. Albeit a slimmer one. (Alah, Boringleer Makciks, Jo asyik angkat bakul). Melawak Noo. He he HA.

    "The only thing that changes the tune of perspective is the emotions that they bring into their views." If I may add,. Plus the actions they bring into the views.

    Salam Hari Raya Aidil Adha.

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 2:59 PM, January 09, 2006  

  • owh so now i know where u ppl hang out huh!


    engaging read indeed JKT!

    i like that bit about musim hujan.

    By Blogger Nazrah Leopolis, at 4:15 PM, January 09, 2006  

  • Hello Nazrah ; velkam.

    Ni version Melopong ker or Faux Diamante ?. Or already commissioned Nazrahayu ?

    I love them all. :-)

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 7:59 AM, January 11, 2006  

  • Alamak Joe, you talking bout me ke? Have i offended you ke? I haven't seen you at me blog for awhile now. Harap ampun. My mouth/fingers react faster than my brains, simply because i have no brains lah.

    Selamat Raya Aji beb.

    By Blogger Lily G, at 10:23 AM, January 11, 2006  

  • Lily : Laaaa, Mana ader. Ngko nii mebbe overly sensitip.

    Tak pulak aku tau Liverpool kalah se dua hari nih ?

    Heh heh..

    Salam Raya Aidil Adha.

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 10:36 AM, January 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos More of topi jo's photos
www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos part 2 More of topi jo's photos
 

Free Web Stats