Jo Kontan

Friday, December 16, 2005

What have I done to deserve this.

“A Big Yeay to Borders for opening up it’s 2nd store @ The Curve, near Home. I can now find titles that are not available in MPH or Popular.

But a Small Boo(ps) for having all those unaffordable, out of reach titles."



One fine day last week.

Just like any normal, not-busy-day, I left office around 6:00. Took the normal route home, arrived around 6:30. Tendered the garden, just in time for Magrib.

Opening up the fridge, I tried to fix up some small sandwiches, Afiqa jumped from behind.

“Daddy, you sit. Welcome to my restaurant. This is the Menu. Tell me what you want” Afiqa spurted it out, in one breathe-sentence, simultaneously handed me a piece of hand written paper, well decorated, The Menu.

On the menu,

Food – Tuna Sandwich & Egg Sandwich
Drinks – Sirap & air Putih
Dessert – Orange Slice.

“You go and sit, I’ll fix you dinner in My restaurant. Is it Tuna or Egg?”.

“Tuna'll do.” Surprised, I just followed instruction, sit and waited.

5 minutes passed by, Afiqa brought in a tray, into the TV room, filled with a plate of Tuna Sandwich, Slices of Orange, and a glass of Air Putih.

I bite the sandwich, and it tasted, well, like a normal Tuna Sandwich. Never mind the thick cut cucumber, this is the first time my first daughter made me a proper dinner.

I am overjoyed and elated. I am not a super dad. Nor I am a great father.

I am just a normal daddy trying to a small family.

What have I done to deserve this .

9 Comments:

  • You have given them love. A fatherly that what you have done.

    By Blogger AuntyN, at 4:41 PM, December 16, 2005  

  • Little thing that means so much, kan ? The rewards of being an involved parent.

    Biasa dengar lagu Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle ?

    "...Oh, with all that I've done wrong I must have done something right.
    To deserve your love every morning and butterfly kisses-

    I couldn't ask God for more, man this is what love is...."

    By Blogger MA, at 5:15 PM, December 16, 2005  

  • aku ingak dia ni bodek mu nak something lah tu ...ha..ha..ha...sangka buruk beb...

    By Blogger Lily G, at 5:35 PM, December 16, 2005  

  • oh how i envy u

    By Blogger atenah, at 5:51 PM, December 16, 2005  

  • Very touchy! How lovely to have daughter like her.

    By Blogger anggerik merah, at 6:34 PM, December 16, 2005  

  • ini kakak yg baru psg gigi tu ke? well.... surely u deserved that, psg or tak psg gigi pun!

    By Blogger Ni, at 7:50 AM, December 17, 2005  

  • that's a precious moment you got there sir.

    air putih? haven't heard for a llloooong time... :)

    By Blogger Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles, at 9:38 AM, December 17, 2005  

  • she's such an adorable little girl. lucky you (and maam!) :)

    By Blogger atiza, at 11:49 PM, December 17, 2005  

  • AuntyN,

    Terimakasih. Hopefully, this will last forever.


    MA,

    Yes.

    Bob Carlisle, Ohh! Definitely, Yes !. Bergenang gak airmata..especially part bila anak dia nak kahwin tuu. I'm not sure I can handle it at that time.

    Oh MA, I'm way too forward thinking laa..:-P


    Lily,

    He he he. Slalu gak camtu.

    But not this timelaa. :-)


    10,

    Life little pleasures and I'm truly enjoying it.


    AM,

    She's growing. I gain some and I loose some, but overall it is good. Very good. Whatever missed /not learn during her childhood, can now be experienced to the younger siblings. In this sense, I'm truly blessed with 5


    Makhariz,

    I'm sure you have fair chances with Hariz and adik. :-))


    Dr Is Is,

    Memang kawan enjoy sakan part part camni.. Air putih tuu borrowed from Bibik.


    Tizz,

    All we can say is Syukor Alhamdulillah. We are truly blessed.

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 8:57 AM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos More of topi jo's photos
www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos part 2 More of topi jo's photos
 

Free Web Stats