Jo Kontan

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Bracing for Braces

"At the Lobby of Ipoh Mali Otel, while site visiting..."

Afiqa front tooth is jutted out. Before her friends start calling names, such as Jo **, we must do some corrective actions.

Maam brought her to a Private Orthodontic Specialist Clinic, as we could not afford to wait at the Government’s. After much consultations, agreement, and some preliminary job done, the Bill came up to a whopping 5k !.

2.5k as a Down Payment, the rest staggered, as we go along. Whoa ! 5k for a set of Braces ? Hey, I could use that 5k for other useful things.

Like to top up payment for replacing my aging Kancil Getaran Jiwa to a Red MYVi ala Auntie Yan’s.


Or More Importantly, as a downpayment for the Ultimate Mat Rempit toy, Uber Kewl, the 300km/hr, 1300 cc, Suzuki Hayabusa.


Anyway, a smart Hubby that I am, I let my wife went with Afiqa, with the Old fashion trick that I don’t carry that kinda amount for the down payment. He he HA.

Only to discover, 3 days later, that she’s helluva smarter, by charging to the Supplemantary Credit Card that I provided for. Mmmm.

** Not Unlike Jo Kontan, Jo Ngang


Prelim Works without the Ties

16 Comments:

  • Halamak Jo - I could have recommended you another orthodontist, probably much cheaper.

    Tapi dah bayar down payment - tak per.

    Confirm - women are smarter, eh ?

    By Blogger MA, at 2:01 AM, December 14, 2005  

  • Huh gilossss. Must make wife read this piece. Anak ramai weh!!!! Kena pastikan gigi diorang elok.

    By Blogger Ir. Hanafi Ali, at 7:04 AM, December 14, 2005  

  • MA,

    Aiseyman MA, tak terlintas pun dalam hati nak bertanya di sini.

    Not only that MA, women are stronger.

    Men can buat anak, women can beranak !

    AIA, transparent tuu camner ? Cam sportman pakai tuu ker..

    Trust.
    Maam always read this. We're translucent. Kenot get ur url.

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 7:47 AM, December 14, 2005  

  • padan muka! berkira sangat hahaha.

    By Blogger AuntyN, at 8:17 AM, December 14, 2005  

  • My upper teeth are not centred because one of my taring tak de:(, anyways even though dedulu I'm concious abt it, I can't afford to pakai braces. Tak de orang realised pun, sebab people keep making remark on my petite lower teeth yang tersusun rapi.... so biar je lah yang atas tu senget.

    By Blogger shidah, at 10:58 AM, December 14, 2005  

  • Jo : transparent tu mcm warna gigi ler..so that tak obvious sgt that she is wearing braces. But according to the orthodontist, bebudak zaman skg suka pakai yg warna warni.

    Tumpang lalu, Jo.

    Shidah : kalau nak "correct" upper gigi, tak mahal. Am sure u can afford it. ada installment maa...

    By Blogger MA, at 11:58 AM, December 14, 2005  

  • Aisey, naper tak tanyer? Our EXSAS Vice secretary kan ke dentist??

    By Blogger nonie, at 2:02 PM, December 14, 2005  

  • I had to pay myself. my parents didn't! huwaa! mine was RM4500 ad my deposit was RM1500. Oh i negotiated and Iinsisted on paying RM100 per visit/month. They wanted rm200.

    but putting on braces is good bukan saja gigi nampak cantik tapi senag jaga. In future plak senag dibuang. flssig is so much easier

    By Blogger Lollies, at 2:21 PM, December 14, 2005  

  • my god. this keyboard sucks. I said flssing is easier

    By Blogger Lollies, at 2:23 PM, December 14, 2005  

  • Ada sesetengah orang beranggapan, orang yang pakai bracesni orang yang tak pandai jaga kesihatan/ kebersihan gigi. Tapi anggapan itu tidak tepat sebenarnya. Mereka yang pakai braces ini ialah orang yang dilahirkan dengan rahang yang kecil berbanding dengan saiz giginya. Kalau tak silap sayalah tak semua dentist tu orthodontist..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM, December 14, 2005  

  • TJ! fuhh... banyak aku nak catch-up entry ko, BTW hope that ur little girl will be as beautiful as the princess barbie

    By Blogger Ni, at 9:17 PM, December 14, 2005  

  • Many many years ago, Dr Noriah proposed to me for braces which cost RM2500. Then my uncle said give that money to him so hat he can buy sport rim for his car! hehehe.. But not I regret I did not go ahead with it. If I proceed that time I would have less problem with my teeth now. Sebenarnya takut dengan dentist...hehehe

    By the way, same thing I thot with that amount that being charged, cud get the less visible braces for your girl!

    By Blogger anggerik merah, at 11:01 PM, December 14, 2005  

  • Old lady like me do not need any braces any more...I need dentures!

    By Blogger AuntieYan, at 8:20 AM, December 15, 2005  

  • AuntyN,

    He he HA. Kita kalau tak menyakat Maam satu hari tak sah.

    Mmmm "tengah dok mikir camner nak go about it"..

    Shidah,

    Eleeh banker, kalau Nak sure buleh nya.. :-))

    Nonie,

    Kwan ingat dentist tuu tau cabut jer. Hok yang bela gigi ni kena pegi orthodontist. :-)

    Lollies,

    Eh ni kat mana nih ? Congak congak macam kat some cyber cafe while transit kat Dubai ni ? Betul ker

    Aiyoooh,hiks hiks, Seduce your lover to paylaa..

    Onee,

    He he. Moral of the story, Better push your kids to be Orthodontist. Not Dentist but Or-tho-don-tist. They make tons.

    Eh, One more thing. Engineer's pay sucks.:-))Alamak, I do sound like a Material Boy.



    Easy,

    U are one of them meh ? He he..at least u sound like one. Mana belog mu ??


    Mak hariz,

    Got new flower, beuafitul one maah?

    AM,

    Kids nowadays love the showy type. Apakanama, macam some rapper boh kat gigi diaorang tuu. ??

    I think mebbe gigi pelsu emas is making a comeback.

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 8:27 AM, December 15, 2005  

  • AuntieYan !!

    Dentures ?
    He he.

    Hensem Jim nok tambah hensem, buleh paka braces dok ?

    By Blogger Jo Kontan, at 8:30 AM, December 15, 2005  

  • jo, mu memang kedekut pehit

    By Blogger Lily G, at 5:33 PM, December 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos More of topi jo's photos
www.flickr.com
topi jo's photos part 2 More of topi jo's photos
 

Free Web Stats