I’m just finishing off with “Memoir Sir Dato' Mahmud Mat”. He is the first Menteri Besar Pahang. In his book, he mentioned one of the favourite pastimes of the the late late Sultan Pahang, circa 1910, is playing Chap Jie Ki.
I heard this word before. I think when I visited my relatives during last Raya. Down South.
My uncle told me my late Moyang (my grandmother's father ?), who used to be the First Asian Inspector for the Straits Settlement Police (eh! Not bad hah) loved this Games.
Mebbe it is not a game. It is more like small time betting. Cam main tikam la agaknyer.
Similarly, anybody know what 'Ting Tong' is ?
|
4 Comments:
memoir mahmud mat? read it before. the copy belongs to cicit mahmud mat...
By
Iskandar Syah Ismail aka DR Bubbles, at 11:19 AM, July 14, 2005
Is,
No wonder you have such a HUGE heart. Awok cicit Dato'Mahmud ?
By
Jo Kontan, at 9:21 AM, July 15, 2005
the only thing i know about dato mahmud mat is a school in tanah putih pekan. sm dato mahmud mat. heheh.
By
superunknown, at 1:23 PM, July 16, 2005
Tojo,
Bila nak pulang balik buku aku tu hah. Some of my best books are in ur possession!
By
Anonymous, at 3:42 PM, September 27, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home