Increase Life Quality.
Biasala, on every Monday we have weekly Front End Sales (Jual Depan Belakang) meeting. Bruce Lei, Sham, Liem Swee King and me attended the one, last week. Zack Hensem ntah kemana, menyelinap ker Negeri Bawah Bayu kot.
BTW, there are 2 Zacks in this office. Hirsute Zack (Zack Berbulu) and Zack Hensem. I beleive you'd know, by now, where they get their names..
Anyway, the last agenda in the meeting was succession plan proposed by HR. Bila Ceramics pulled down the last slide on his Powerpoint, aku tengokkan semua orang senyap ajer. Semua muka blank. Sunyi..
“There would be somebody in this room who'd be able to take my post by the end of the year..”
Lagi laa muka memasing blank. Aku pandang Swee King. Swee King tengok kuku dia. Sham punya pandangan entah kemana melilau. Bruce Lei, buat derk ajer, concentrating on his notebook.
Ada la jugak dalam 25 saat senyap sunyi meeting room tu. Takder sapa pun bagi comment.
Tiba2 Swee King bersuara, perlahan-lahan, dengan suara dia yang garau tuu..
"Haiyaa Boss, definitely not me la. I cannot take it laa." Tiba2 barulaa rasa macam ada kehidupan kembali dalam bilik perjumpaan tuu.
“Yelah,. Not me also. The precedence you’ve set is very hard to follow laa boss. Mari pukol 7 pagi, balik pukol 9, every weekend pun ada mari. Bila ada masa mau main sama mak anak...” Aku pun tambah. Mulalah sorang sorang tambah points..
I'm happy where I am. I cherish every moment. I dun think I wanna move up. I’m not ready. Buat aper jadik macam Ceramics. Aku rasa life quality dia macam zero. Pergi kerja, balik kerja. Terperapppp ajer kat his office. Lunch pun ntah sensorang. Where he got his drive, I dunno.
We'll see.
Labels: kelija



8 Comments:
Itu lah jugak hidup mimi kat sini aichik..pegi keje buat keje balik keje makan tgk tv dan tido.esoknya buat mende yang sama..boring boring
By
Anonymous, at 12:51 AM, August 05, 2008
jawatan dia (dan gaji dan segala perks) kita nak kot.... cuma kehidupan macam dia kita tak nak. Go for it, bro jo, only better.
By
OOD, at 8:34 AM, August 05, 2008
The fact that he was talking abt succession planning is a proof that he has a goal to move to slo-mo eventually.
Problem is, if the list of potential successors are of around same age +/- 5-10 years? La hai.... semua pun dah ready nak slo mo gak? hahaha....
So, the key is to start spot talents as early as possible from the amongst the y gen for eventual successors. The ones who listen to the same 'lagu2 malar hijau' (evergreen daaa...) will be interim measure to help pass the baton.
The question is, are we willing to let go & be led by younger ones?
p/s no need to ask the nation's ldrshp for guidance or advice la ek? he is still thinking....
By
IBU, at 9:24 AM, August 05, 2008
*gelak baca ibu's komen*
some people fame, some people want recognition, some people want wealth, some people just want to be abused (mix of lagu alicia keyes and michael jackson) ..
so take your pick, bro.
By
Gartblue, at 10:59 AM, August 05, 2008
hepi belated besday, jarang dah mai sini sebab jeles tengok gambar jo and mem asyik pi obesi jer
tenah
By
Anonymous, at 10:51 PM, August 05, 2008
Well, I see it differently. He just stated the "succession plan" i.e his "position" and not him per se.
You can do it your way and still achieve whatever is set for you.
I'd say - go for it and make that "change"!
Good luck, bro!
By
MA, at 7:31 PM, August 06, 2008
And oh, kalau Ceramics Mari pukol 7 pagi, balik pukol 9, every weekend pun ada mari....looks like he is not happy being home and seeking refuge at the office! :P
By
MA, at 8:35 PM, August 06, 2008
Mimi :
We have weekends maa,. Everything is sooo nearby. Giii la panjat gunong ker, hiking dalam hutan, (like the Germans do).
Naik kretapi tuwon keretapi..
Hai yoo,. soo many things to dooo.
Have Fun Yaa..
:-)
Madam Ooody :
Ohh Yes ! Jawatan dia kita tak nak,.but gaji and perks dia kita nak. He he.
But think of it deeply,. perks dia pun kita taknak. It comes along with the responsibility.
At the end of the day. Tuhan Maha Kuasa..
Ibu : he he.
There's a huuuge gap between the midlevel management and the young executives here.
A huuge hole, where we dun have managers in between.
I think one way to solve it to have those listening to lagu2 hijau malar to start picking up hip hop, underground, youthful music. Hmmm.
We'll see.
Mrs Growling Gart:
I'm clear.
I wanna be Happy.
I wanna go to Heaven, with all my families, friends, and foes.
By
Jo Kontan, at 8:59 AM, August 07, 2008
Post a Comment
<< Home